The Intellectual Property Management and Markets program is the first degree program in the country to provide a foundational understanding of intellectual property that integrates perspectives and skills from business, computer science, design, engineering, and legal disciplines.
The program focuses on managing intellectual property through licensing, research and development, portfolio management, securitization and/or monetization, business transactions, and legal protection.
IPMM coursework tracks the life cycle of intellectual property from its inception to full exploitation and includes doctrinal as well as real-world practice classes.
The IPMM program has been featured in:
- IAM Magazine – Teaching IP Strategy, Issue 61, September/October 2013.
- IAM Magazine Blog – Get with the programme – it’s time for a multi-disciplinary approach to IP education, June 12, 2011.
- IAM Magazine Blog – Teaching IP management and value creation to tomorrow’s business executives, October 3, 2010.
- IAM Magazine Blog – A breakthrough programme for prospective CIPOs launches in the US, December, 23 2009
- Chicago Sun-Times – A new economy means a new kind of theft — and a new IIT degree to prevent it.
- Ocean Tomo — Ocean Tomo Announces Collaboration with IIT IPMM program